Wednesday, February 15, 2012

why he's my valentine

I've never been a huge valentine's day fan. Wasn't really a day that I looked forward to, even when I had a boyfriend. I felt like it was a day created by women for women to get chocolate and flowers. But for the past few years, I've enjoyed really making the most of valentine's day to show Lewis how much I love him.

Lewis actually surprised me this year with the cutest little gift I could have ever asked for. I was sitting at work the other day when the mail came. And usually, the mail just consists of the donation checks for the volunteers, which I take care of. So as I was looking through the mail, I saw something addressed to "Kara Goodrum" from "Lewis Goodrum" with our home address as the return address. And I was really confused as to why this letter was in our office mail. It ended up being a little valentine that he had sent to my office so that I could be surprised while I was away from him. It was perfect and I loved it. Simple and sweet.

A surprise picture Lewis left on my phone

Jumping on the valentine's day bandwagon like everyone else, I want to share a few of the many, many reasons why Lewis Goodrum is indeed my valentine. And has been now for the past three years.
  • He is always thinking of other people and making sure their needs are met
  • At work, he looks for ways to make the office run more smoothly, or to better help the patients
  • He has a passion for sports: basketball, football, frisbee, volleyball, soccer
  • He's obsessed with the Mavericks
  • And the Cowboys (but I'll have to let that one slide)
  • He always eats everything that I make for him (and usually likes most of it)
  • He's always helping in the kitchen
  • I can tell that even with everything he has going on in his schedule, I'm his biggest priority
  • And he lets me know that by taking time out of his day to see me
  • He always sings to me, even if the lyrics aren't correct. But I love that the most
  • He'll watch Disney movies and chick flicks with me (but only if they're BluRay)
  • When he knows I've had a long, rough day, he'll let (or force) me to sit on the couch and relax for the rest of the night, putting in a favorite movie or letting me open up a good book
  • He's going to be a wonderful father
  • He's already taking care of the little one we have coming
  • He takes me out on fun dates
  • And puts up with my (non pregnancy related) ice cream and yogurt cravings
  • He's done yoga with me. The prenatal kind.
  • He has a testimony of Jesus Christ, our Savior
  • He's easy to talk to
  • Always makes me laugh
  • He is observant of my wants and needs, and tries to make them a reality
  • He has multiple nicknames for me that he swaps out depending on the situation or how I'm behaving
  • He puts up with my craft corner. That seems to get bigger and never smaller.
  • He's trying to learn the piano and letting me teach him
  • And puts up with my OCD (but won't let me call it OCD because he doesn't want me to think that I actually have OCD)
I'm excited for the coming years that we have together to be able to make more memories and to discover more reasons for why we love each other. Each new day is an adventure and we couldn't be more happy than where we are right now together!

1 comment:

  1. I like the "only in Blue Ray" edition :)
    You two are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete