Monday, February 11, 2013

caterpillar

Every day, I try to read Lena at least one book. For a while, we only focused on one [mainly because that's all she had the attention span for]. We would read the very hungry caterpillar.

At first, I would always point out the caterpillar to her, trying to teach her about the pictures on the page. Soon, she started pointing it out with me.



Now, when I read the book, I cover the caterpillar with my thumb so that I can try and get her to point to the sun, or the tree. But she knows where that caterpillar is, and she tries to move my thumb every time and uncover the little insect.

Clark and Alicia saw a picture that I posted of little Lena showing off her skills, so they bought Lena a toy caterpillar for her to play with. I caught her snuggling with it while we were on my way to the gym. Sorry, the picture is blurry. I had to sneak-attack this picture by hiding the camera from her.

1 comment: