Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Egg Hunt

Growing up, I was so excited to have kids so I could start traditions with them during the holidays. But lately, I've been wondering why start now when Lena [first] won't even understand what's going on, and [second], definitely won't remember. Call me the Easter grinch, because I didn't want to do anything (except buy bunny ears and make Lena wear them: check!).

see? she loves them
then we really did get her to smile

Lewis convinced me to just buy eggs at the store, and we'd at least get some cute pictures of Lena playing with them, even if she doesn't understand what they are.

So I did. I bought eggs (36 of them! Can't have too many, right?).

And then, while Lena was eating, I set up our easter egg hunt around our living room. I tried to hide the eggs are carefully as I could so that it was as difficult for Lena as possible (note the sarcasm).

a lot more eggs were hidden outside the scenes, too. we probably hid 20 or 25

We didn't think she'd really understand it or know what was going on. But I put away all her other toys so she would know what we meant when we kept saying "egg." At first, she just started crawling to them because we were pointing them out to her. Lewis kept telling her to "put them in the basket" and then he would drop them in the basket for her.


not really understanding what's going on

She learned pretty quick what "egg" meant and what she needed to do to get to them.



And, surprisingly, it didn't take her to too long to learn to drop the egg in the basket. She had never dropped things on her own before, so Lewis and I didn't think that she'd be able to do it. But, like always, she surprised us.


the first time Lena dropped the egg in on her own. dad's so proud







And then after she found them all, she sat by all her eggs and wanted to chew on them. Because she earned it.


3 comments:

  1. So cute..you are making memories not just for sneaks, but for you and Lewis. I love her lighted earrings in the first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cute baby! I am so impressed y'all were able to teach her how to pick up and drop her eggs all by herself.

    ReplyDelete