Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Cruise

A couple months ago, Groupon had a deal where if you bought something from them on an ipad or iphone, they would give you a $10 gift card to spend. I thought, "I can totally make money off this." So I found an $8 groupon for a Halloween cruise and ended up getting $10 free bucks to spare. Go me.

The groupon we bought was for a Halloween cruise down the Provo River. I thought it would be a fun idea, maybe a little spooky and a fun thing to try. This is the picture that we saw on the advertisement. Looks exciting, right?


So Lewis and I showed up last night to go on our spooky Halloween Cruise. We were the only people there without children! The advertisement was a little deceiving. Not one child in the picture! It never said it was a kids thing! I felt so foolish. Walking around that place with just me and my 23 year old husband. Not a 3 year old child.

The captain of our cruise was a pirate. He told us one "scary" story (only one because "the ride isn't long enough for two") and passed around candy. He had to turn the "spooky" music off because one of the little girls was scared of it. They didn't use the motor on the boat, so they could have more of a spooky effect. And the ride lasted a whole 20 minutes. All we saw along the river were pumpkins that people had carved. Oh, and a mean pirate tried to swing onto our boat from land, but his rope wasn't long enough. The poor two year old sitting next to us was in tears.

Lewis and I were just hystarical. We couldn't stop laughing. I kept apologizing that I made Lewis come to this with me. They tried to convince us to come back to their Christmas Cruise, but we'll have to see if that one makes the groupon, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment