Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Motherhood

Today, I'm grateful to be a mom. Most days I'm grateful as well, but today I'm feeling especially happy about it. Even though yesterday was hard. And today might be too. And I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar that I have a few more hard days ahead of me in the next 60 or 70 years or so.

But she's just too cute that the hard days are just worth it sometimes.

Here's a quote that's gotten me through some of those hard days. Raising children is a commandment. Gods not going to let us just do it on our own. Besides, these are His children just as much as they're our own. They were His first:

This is not our work that we are engaged in, it is the work of God. We are directed in our movements by a superior intelligence. (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Lorenzo Snow, Chapter 9: Sacred Family Relationships)





No comments:

Post a Comment