On Sunday at church, one of my friends sang this beautiful song about Mary and the Savior. I was so moved and touched by it. I had never heard the song before she sang it in church. I'm trying to find a free download of the sheet music so I can always have it, but it looks like I'm going to have to pay for it. Haha.
The lyrics are so beautiful and perfect. There are lines about the perfection and dedication of our Savior and the role he plays in all of our lives. And then there are a few lines that talk about Mary and her sacrifice to bring the Savior into this world. The Savior who is her son.
Here are the lyrics. Take a little time to read and ponder.
Mary, sweet Mary, your heart overflows.
Deep in the night, child, a babe is born.
Sacred and holy, blameless and pure,
Mary, sweet Mary, tonight your child is born.
Mary, sweet Mary, so strong, yet so frail,
Carried a baby sent to save the world.
Wise men still seek Him and find in Him peace.
Mary, sweet Mary, tonight your King is born.
All of the angels danced as heaven sang.
All of the earth stood so still and so peacefully.
Mary, sweet Mary, God's precious child
Blessed redemption is found in His eyes.
All creatures great and small,
He came for all.
Mary, sweet Mary, tonight your Savior's born.
Mary, sweet Mary, tonight our Savior is born.
Merry Christmas! Remember the reason why we celebrate.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete