Lewis: a foot massage with oil
Kara: a picnic in a park (complete with Cafe Rio or Noodles and Company)
We printed out some empty brackets, made our picks and then hung them up on our kitchen wall. When a game is over, we get to make the necessary changes on each other's bracket, crossing out the losing team with a thick red pen and highlighting the winners with a nice green highlighter.
When we were making those changes yesterday, Lewis mentioned:
"it feels more rewarding when you cross it out really thick."
![]() |
| notice how happy he is with his little red pen, crossing out all my mistake choices |
It has been quite the battle so far. The first few days, I was way below where I wanted to be. I got a nice text from Lewis during one of our neck and neck battles, challenging and taunting me in our competition:
"start warming up that oil."
Those of you who know me, know that I never pass up an opportunity to talk a little smack. So I responded in my own (gentle and loving) way. As the days progressed, I kept sneaking to where Lewis was. Now, at the end of the round of 32, I am currently in the lead, especially thanks to Cincy for winning quite the battle last night. I found myself thoroughly entertained as I watched my pick win :)
Kind of don't know what to do with myself now that we have to wait until Thursday before the sweet 16 battles begin. But it should make for another exciting weekend, filled with basketball, watching games on computers, switching the TV from channel to channel, and eating lunch/dinner at our favorite sports bars.

No comments:
Post a Comment