Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hawaii

Last week, my parents took the family to Hawaii. It was a bit stressful with the idea of traveling with a baby, but our fears were calmed as she slept most of the way from California to Kauai. And how grateful we are for that. Hawaii is a lot less relaxing with a baby, but it was still just as fun! And I got to spend much more time reading than I have in the past. And I loved that.

sleeping on the way there
our 12 passenger van
getting ready for our helicopter ride
I wanted to see what she'd look like with eyebrows
playing in the pool
in the pool with dad

exploring the fish
looking at the fish
just chilling on the beach chair
her hat is a bit too large :)
playing in the sand
steve befriended a cat
at the luau

todd's probably thinking "what do I do with this?"
discovering her tongue with my mom

steven loves her. it's evident.
(don't worry, she didn't fall. it just looks like it)
Some of the views:


view from the helicopter

We are so grateful to my parents for taking us to Hawaii. It was fun to be with the family. Even though I was probably dramatic and emotional (mostly nervous) about the whole trip. But it was fun to be with the family. Always is. And we love our family reunions.

1 comment:

  1. You have been amazing at updates lately! I am very impressed! And Hawaii looks amazing! Glad you had a great time! Can't wait till we get together!

    ReplyDelete