And once again, it was amazing. It was a touching story about Stephanie Nielson who, about 4 years ago, was in a terrible plane accident where over 80% of her body was burned. This is a story about her life before the accident, how she met her husband, the accident itself, and then her recovery. She talks a lot about God and how He helped her, and is still helping her, through this trial of hers. She shares her experience re-learning how to be a wife and mother. And how all the things she had took for granted before were now things she looked forward to - like laundry. How often am I really grateful to have hands that are capable of doing laundry? Usually never.
This book got me thinking about the short time I spent in the hospital after I was in a serious car accident a few years ago. My wounds were not even remotely close to Stephanie's, but God was still highly involved in my healing process. I don't remember a lot about what happened while I was in the hospital, but when I got home and continued to heal, I remember being very close to my Heavenly Father and Savior as I prayed for his help to overcome the trial I had found myself in. And how grateful I am for all His help.
This book is truly a testament to how real God is, and how willing and able He is to help us when we really need Him. If anyone needs a reminder of how anything is possible, especially with God's help, this is a book you'll want to read. It's a touching story of how a family was able to grow closer together as they went through one of the hardest parts of their lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment