A couple of days ago, I finished this book.
It is one of the best I've ever read.
This is a story of a man, Louie Zampernini, and his experience during World War II. Laura Hillenbrand tells the story of Louie's life as a child, how he became an Olympic runner, his time during the war, and how his life changed once he came home. At first, it took me a little bit to really get into it. It was a lot of history and character development (all of which are necessary for this, and all, books) and I just couldn't see how it was going to pick up. But once I pushed myself through the first couple of chapters, I couldn't put it down. Such a touching story. And a reminder of how strong and resilient the human spirit is. And how much God is watching out for us, even through our most painful and horrific trials. My heart ached as I read about the things that Louie had to go through. I never imagined that war was how Laura described it. Some parts are difficult to read, as you're told of the abuse and suffering that these men went through. Hard to believe that this is a true story. If anyone's looking for a good book, this is definitely worth picking up.

Karl and I listened to the audiobook on our drive and LOVED it. such a great story and reminder of how much the Lord loves us and watches over us
ReplyDeleteI agree!
ReplyDeleteI agree that this is the best book I've ever read! I tell everyone about. It was amazing! I learned so much as well! LOVE THIS BOOK!!
ReplyDelete