Tuesday, August 28, 2012

pizza in the morning, pizza in the evening, pizza at suppertime

Last night for dinner, I made pizza. But not just pizza. Whole wheat pizza. This is a big deal, people. And it was delicious. I found the recipe here. I love that site. You can look up anything you want, and there's usually a recipe for it.

I usually get nervous when I'm making bread that has to rise. I worry that I won't do something right and my beautiful ball of dough that's supposed to get bigger will just end up being a little wilted ball of dough when I get around to looking at it an hour later.

Much to my surprise, my little ball of dough turned into a big ball of dough! Imagine what can happen when you follow a recipe :)


Then, I kept reading the recipe and saw that it had to rise again for almost another hour. I thought, "I bet I ruin it this time." Negative. It was a success.

Lately, I've found myself on this vegetable kick. I always am craving meals that are strictly vegetables: veggie sandwiches, salads, veggie grilled cheese, veggie wraps, veggie quesadillas, etc. And I've loved it. So, I made Lewis eat a vegetable pizza. And boy was it delicious. He gobbled it right up.


And I'm pretty proud of myself for making such a successful whole wheat pizza crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment