Saturday, January 21, 2012

boy or girl? finding out

On Friday afternoon, Lewis and I had our 20 week ultrasound appointment. The purpose of the ultrasound was to check the health of the baby and make sure that everything was going well, but we were also able to find out the gender. We didn't find out in the appointment. The technician humored our desires and told us to cover our eyes when she went to check the gender. We were spending the weekend in park city and wanted to find out there on our own.

At the end of the appointment, she printed out a picture of the legs (and what was or wasn't in between), wrote the gender on a sticky note, and put the prized papers in an envelope. We had a friend make us cupcakes; some were filled with blue frosting, others were filled with pink. When the appointment was over, we took the envelope to our friend, let her open it and then she gave us the cupcakes, telling us which ones we were supposed to eat.

Here's a little taste (no pun intended!) of what our weekend was like:

dinner at Tucanos! (before the trip to Park City)
the envelope containing the news!
the cupcakes we were directed to eat
filled with pink!
 

baby girl!
it's a girl!
My "motherly instincts" told me we were having a boy. I really was convinced. But then we found out it was a girl. So far, my motherly role isn't working in my favor. Hopefully that will change! Lewis said that at first, he thought it was a boy, but then recently he started thinking that he was going to have a little princess. And boy, was he right.

Oh, and they told me that I was measuring about 2 weeks ahead, so they might be moving my due date up. We'll see what the next couple months bring!

2 comments:

  1. SO excited for you guys!! (I think I have told you that about 3 times at least already! On facebook, text, and now here! lol) But seriously, I'm really excited for your little Dallas Cowboys cheerleader! jk jk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special way to begin to welcome your newest little GIRL into the world. I know she will be beautiful and a wonder!

    love you two soooo much

    ReplyDelete