Saturday, January 14, 2012

some cool family history!

A few days ago, I was on the family search website for our church going through my family history. Lewis and I will find out the gender of our baby in a few days, and then the name search will commence. We've been thinking a lot about names we like already and we both thought it would be nice to pick a name that has been in either of our family lines, so it has a little bit more meaning.

I was going through my line of family history and looking at names that we might like. I was clicking on the arrows to take me back through multiple generations, clicking randomly and not paying attention to who I was clicking on and why. I just wanted to see how far back I could go.

Eventually, I got back to royalty: Kings of England, princes and princesses. None of this was news to me. I knew that there was royalty in my family line. But THEN! Look at what I found! I will let the pictures do the talking. It is amazing to see who I found in my family line (sorry the pictures are so small. Just click on them, and they will enlarge so you can see).

Yes, that is Caesar Augustus, the Emporer of Rome
Joseph - Father of Jesus
And lastly!
Mary, the mother of Christ
You can imagine the surprise that I had. I couldn't believe what I was looking at. I am related to Mary, the mother of Christ and Joseph, his earthly father. They are in my family line. What a shock this was. I still can't get over it.

1 comment:

  1. This is the fun thing about genealogy! I love looking back at all of these fun things and I'm sure our ancestors love being acknowledged.

    ReplyDelete