In honor of thanksgiving, I spent the month making a list of things I'm grateful for as I thought of them. This list could be miles long. I have to stop myself sometimes. Because I'm grateful for everything. And have been blessed with so much. I hope I never forget all I've been given.
My little Lena.
the fact that she's healthy.
My loving husband.
And all that he does for me and our little family.
Lena's laugh and smile.
And all the work I have to do in order to even get a laugh.
My healthy body.
Melatonin.
So Lena can sleep through the night.
Nap time.
So I don't go crazy.
Modern technology so I can talk to my family.
And Lewis when he's away from home. Even if it's for only 4 hours.
Books.
For me and for Lena.
My phone.
So I can read whenever and where ever.
My piano.
The talent I have to play.
My parents. And how they raised me. And all the things they taught me.
My brothers.
Alicia.
Lewis's family.
My talents.
My home.
My friends.
My neighbors.
The scriptures.
The many ways to journal.
Because I use them all.
Clothes.
Dresses.
And the few, rare times I get to wear them (thanks, nursing Lena)
Tender smiles.
Warm hugs.
Little hands holding mine.
Big hands holding mine.
Disney movies.
And watching them with Lewis.
Or by myself.
Soon I'll watch them with Lena.
Hard times.
That help me grow.
And help me realize how happy the happy times are.
Happy times.
Baby drool.
Baby yawns.
And the dramatic sighs that come with them.
The atonement.
Special moments with Lewis.
Laughing at random moments with him.
Competent and caring doctors.
Modern medicine.
Children's Tylenol.
For those teething days.
Chubby baby thighs.
And baby cheeks.
The temple.
And that it's minutes away.
Within walking distance even.
But we usually drive.
Because for some reason, I'm in a better mood.
The fact that we don't know where we're going to be living on December 20.
And that it's teaching me patience.
And faith.
My rocking chair.
Gift cards.
For cheap dates.
Warm blankets.
And coats.
Especially this time of year.
Prayer.
So I can tell Heavenly Father all the things I'm scared of, all the things I want, all the things I hope for, all the things I need help with.
And so I can thank him for all these things.


No comments:
Post a Comment